8 steps to being awesome at gift baskets
Gift baskets are one of the most versatile gifts and virtually everyone enjoys getting them, not just because of what's inside, but also the thought put into it by the giver. But some do it better than others. Here are some tips to think about when creating your gift basket at J-Dub's Market & Wine Shop for you special someone.
- Tell us, what's the occasion?
- How will they be receiving your basket? Are you delivering it in person or leaving it as a surprise? This can effect whether you want to include perishable items.
- Let us know what what your special person likes. We love to help in the brainstorming process.
- Select their items. You can simply pick a montage of items they would enjoy OR better yet, you can create a theme to bring it together as one cohesive piece. Try a theme such as a beer basket with beer pairings, an Italian dinner basket for a house-warming gift, a charcuterie kit for your meat-lovers, a picnic basket for a walk on the boardwalk, or a romantic getaway basket with wine and chocolate.
- Give us any additional items you would like to include in their special basket. Here are some simple ideas that make a huge impact:
- Greeting cards
- Recipe cards (Ask us if we have any on hand)
- Fresh fruit
- A photo of yourself, family, friends or office staff
- Food/wine accessories (we have many of these in-store)
- Pick the perfect presentation. Select their gift basket and decorative accessories for the perfect presentation.
- Invite them to visit J-Dub's. Consider including a gift card of any amount so they can be "in" on Grand Haven's best fine food and wine boutique, just like you.
- Finish it off with a handwritten note (we have free hang tags available). No message is more personal than a handwritten note. Tell them how much you appreciate them and why you are giving them this gift.
We all know it's better to give than to receive, but the truth is we all want someone to give us the same thought and attention that a custom gift basket brings. So feel free to drop subtle hints if you like. And remember this, when you give to gift baskets to others you might just find others returning the favor.
Happy gift giving!
We love wine, craft beers and fine foods. It's our life! And you can read all about it here.