6 skinless, chicken thighs
1 teaspoon Village Batch™ Raw Greek Oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
Cracked black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon Village Batch™ Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/3 cup Roland™ Balsamic Glaze
1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, divided
8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 6" x 1/2" slices
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
chiffonade: stack, roll, slice. Stack the leaves on top of each other, gently roll them into a cigar, and then use a sharp knife to slice them into thin ribbons.
- Preheat oven to 410°F.
- Season each chicken thigh with the oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes each side. Transfer chicken to a plate; drain most of the excess oil, leaving about a teaspoon worth.
- Return the skillet back to the stove; fry garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the balsamic glaze; stirring to combine while heating through.
- Return the chicken to the pan, turning in the glaze to evenly coat. Add 1 cup of the tomatoes, whole, around the chicken and place the chicken into the oven. Bake until the chicken is completely cooked through (about 30 minutes).
- Top each chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese; return back into the oven for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Slice the remaining 1/2 cup tomatoes in half; place them on top of the cheese; pour over some of the balsamic sauce from the pan and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.